Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So here it is....

So here it is....the blog post I never wanted to post after the facebook status I never wanted to post.

As most of you know by now, our adoption in Rwanda has been closed.  Why?  Hmm, that is an interesting question.  Depending on my mood, I could give many different answers.  Answers like "they are going Hague and can't process us right now" or "well, they sent us a 6 month regret letter and our 6 months are up" seem so hollow and don't seem to really encompass the truth.  We don't even really know the whole truth in this.  Bottom line...its over. 

How do we feel?  That depends on what hour of the day you catch me.  Angry!  Angry at Rwanda because I never feel like we got the truth from them.  Angry that I tried to be sensitive to the fact that things run differently in their country but that I don't feel I got the same consideration from them.  Angry that when all is said and done there will be lots of children that will never see the family that has loved them and waited for them for so long.  Angry because there is nothing I can do about it.

Sad!  We are mourning the loss of the daughter we never got to see.  Sad because we thought we were starting our family but now that family, even though it only lived in our minds, is gone.  Sad that one little girl, our little girl, will never see the room we made just for her.  The room that I hoped would make her feel like a princess.  Sad that I can move on and start another adoption but those children are still there and may never find their forever family.

Relieved!  Our life has been on hold ever since we started this process over 2 years ago.  It is a relief not to be stuck in that black hole anymore.  With no movement and no reliable information, we felt as if we were in a black hole being sucked down into nothingness.  Now, we can move forward to something else.  Relief that we can plan what we want to do this year and not be at Rwanda's mercy.

Overwhelmed!  Two years of our life has been focused on what we thought was the right plan for our family.  Now, we start again.  More research, more praying, more paperwork and more waiting.

God is good to us.  Even if He never gives us children, He is still good to us.  We keep trying to remind ourselves of this.  I know He wants the best for me and apparently Rwanda was not the best for me/us.  We will trust Him.  We will follow Him whereever that may take us. 

Does this mean we won't slide back in to our selfish ways of feeling sorry for ourselves?  No, we are human after all.  That is why we need your prayers so that through it all we will feel God's peace and love for us.  Thank you so much for your prayers and for the outpouring of support and kinds words.  You will never know how much they mean to us.

6 comments:

  1. I've been praying for you Jennifer. I know God will show you the path He wants you to take to your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Paul will be parents, I just know it:) And I can't wait until the day I hear about! I hope you find the right program, and when you do I have no doubt you will fall in love with the country just as much as you did Rwanda. Thinking of you XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read this. You are in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you all have had this heart-wrenching experience. I can promise that one day when you hold your little girl in your arms it will all be worth it. What an encouragement you both will be to families in the future who experience difficulty in their adoption process. Love you guys!

    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you guys. I know you are heartbroken and mourning, and I can't imagine the grief you must be feeling. However, as you know, the Lord has a plan for you. Parenthood is the most unreliable and spontaneous thing out there. From the waiting to the raising, it is all new and unexpected, and different from child to child, and parent to parent. Some wait for years while others are blessed with children before they even thought they were ready. What it all boils down to is that God's timing is perfect, and when your time does come, you will be so thankful that it wasn't a minute sooner or later. You will see His perfect plan in the face of your child and know that He always has been and always will be in control. I pray that God gives you peace during your waiting, and that you will place your faith in Him during this difficult time.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I love very much. I am here for you however you need. I missed this post until today, and I am sorry. I know we talked about all of it already, but I am proud of your faithfulness....its one of those things I marvel at. I would not have your strength. I am praying for you and Doc. I love you, sister.

    ReplyDelete