Monday, August 27, 2012

Just to sum it up....

I know the story about our mission trip has really been stretched.  It is because I am a horrible blogger and forget to post.  This post is just to finish everything up.

The day after Paul's big event was Sunday, and we only had two days left of our trip.  On Sunday we went to one of our missionary's churches, where we had a wonderful service and got to meet several of the people who attend the church.  Some of us stood up and talked about our time in Costa Rica and then several church members stood up and gave testimonies of how good God has been to them.   One of the church members stood up and told a story about how an adoption they were trying to complete several years ago got shut down.  They were not able to, or did not, make another attempt, but they talked about how good God was to come in a fill the emptiness.  It was very encouraging. 

Later, the men helped the missionaries move their furniture.  They are moving to a new house soon.  Even though everyone told Paul not to help move, he did anyway.  I would look up and he would have something new in his hands.  He kept saying, "I didn't come here to sit around."

That was pretty much the last of our work in Costa Rica.  On Sunday and Monday, we had a lot of free time since the trip was coming to an end.  We worked hard on this trip, but we had free time too and that just added to the fun of it all.  We made it home really late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, however you want to look at it.

I'll admit that at points throughout the trip I was a little discouraged that I wasn't changing the world.  I wanted to make a lasting difference not just bring the kids candy.  Then it dawned on me.  First, I don't have to, and can't, change the world in one trip.  Second, we got a chance to be God's hands and feet and really love on these children for the time that we could.  God, for some unknown reason, thought I should do this.  I can't wait to go back!!

If you have the chance, go on a short-term mission trip!!  Start saving now and go!!  For that matter, come to Costa Rica with us when we go back next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment