Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crazy Snow Storm

Wow! It has been so crazy this past weekend.

First, Paul and two friends were supposed to go to Haiti on Saturday. As he was spending the night at a friend's house before they headed to the airport, his friend got sick. Since Paul and his other had been exposed, they couldn't go. He and his friends are now supposed to fly out this Saturday if all goes well.

Second, while Paul was off on his journey to get to Haiti, I went to stay at my parents house. We got about 5 to 7 inches of snow here on the mountain. My sister and her family came up to my mom's on their 4-wheeler with a sled behind it. It was so much fun being pulled around the yard. When the fun was over they headed home. On their way home, a tree broke under the weight of the ice and fell on them. All of them! It hit the back of the 4-wheeler and landed on the sled that 2 of the kids was riding on. Not only did the tree fall but it broke a power line on the way down. If it hadn't broke they way it did, it could have killed the entire family. Very scary!! Everyone is ok and only have a few cuts and a black eye.

Third, my dad was inside and heard the tree fall and was afraid that something bad had happened. He just threw on some shoes and hurried out the door. He promptly fell down 5 stairs. He couldn't get up. We had to get my uncle to help get him up and back inside. Paul finally made it home and had to walk back to my parents because the tree was blocking the road. We ended up staying the whole weekend with my parents helping my dad get up and move around.

Finally, the good news. Since Paul couldn't go to Haiti, our adoption paperwork doesn't have to wait a week to get started. YAY! We are signing contracts and have our orientation call tonight. I'm getting more and more excited all the time. The adoption is pretty much all I want to talk about anymore.

After all this craziness, I'm ready for the snow to be gone and for everything to settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment