Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1st Home Study Interview...Done!

Yesterday we went to Knoxville to meet with our homestudy social worker. I was so nervous, excited, and scared. I have the habit of babbling when I'm nervous and I just knew I would say something stupid. I think it went pretty good though. She talked with me for about an hour. We talked about life growing up, school, adoption, and other stuff. She talked to Paul for about as long about the same things. She was REALLY nice and easy to talk to.

She tentatively scheduled the home visit for this Saturday. So what am I doing now? CLEANING!! lol

I can't believe how things are just falling into place so easily. It is amazing how God can work when you just get out of his way. We are so excited and can't wait to bring our daughter home.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming because you can never get enough.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I hope everything goes smoothly for you! It is funny how things seem to happen when we get out of God's way! ;)

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm always getting in the Big Man's way. And he just keeps moving me over to get by. haha! Thinkgs are moving in the right direction for you sweetheart and at the end of the day, you can go to bed (but not to sleep) excited and happy knowing soon enough, you're going to hear tiny feet running around the house and some sweet little voice tell you, "I love you mama". :) I cannot WAIT to see you in action w/ the little princess.

    ReplyDelete