Thursday, September 9, 2010

10 years already?

Today is Paul and my 10 year anniversary! On one hand, I can't believe it has been that long, but on the other hand I feel really lucky we have made it this long. When I look around me, I feel like 10 years is something of which to be proud. I love my husband!! He is the greatest man ever (for me anyway :-) ). We have so much fun together and I love every moment I share with him. We have had our ups and downs. We have had so much fun traveling together, but we have also faced infertility head on. No matter what has happened to us, I would not trade one second of it. I can't imagine being with anyone else.

Every year I cook a new meal, something we have never tried, and we sit at the dining room table. This is different because we are normally in front of the TV. This year though, I was a bad wife. I postponed the meal so that I could get my mom to help with the nursery. I know, I know, our daughter won't be here for months, but I just couldn't help myself. She is in charge already and we don't even know who she is yet. LOL I'll post some pictures as soon as I find the cord for my camera. (I lose everything!)

So, we talked to Julie, our caseworker, on Wednesday and she told me that our paperwork was mailed to Rwanda on Tuesday. YAY!! She also said that with all the things that are going on right now it will take a few weeks to hear anything back. It doesn't matter to me where we are on the list, just that we are on the list! We don't have any clue on a timeframe, but that's OK.

Please continue to pray for the families that didn't make the deadline. They are going to have to make some tough decisions in the next few days and they are going to need lots of support. My heart breaks for them and I will be keeping them in my prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!
    It is so true- you really have to make so much for effort for your spouse when the kids come. You devote all your time and love to each other, then all of a sudden your children are your main focus. I am constantly reminding myself to think of my spouse first ever so often. It is so easy to take each other for granted.

    Yep- we are on the waiting list..yeah!!!! You guys will probably be just ahead of us, so it'll be fun when referrals start coming in:) It will happen, so the 'when' isn't so bad now, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you didn't cook, I still hope you both had a fabulous 10th Anniversary. You are both a joy to be around, and you can tell you have a blast together. I am here to say that you are a great wife! Anyone who is "willing" to be lowered down into a storm drain to retrieve a ball that their husband "threw"!!! Now, that is a great wife! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're DTR right along with you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete