Monday, August 30, 2010

OH HAPPY DAY!!

Good news to report!! Our paperwork made it!! Our adoption will continue!!

GOD IS GREAT AND WONDERFUL!!

I really believe that God heard our prayers and took care of us. On Thursday, there was no hope. When we went to bed, we knew it was over. We prayed, we know our family and friends prayed, and all the friends and families of other parents trying to adopt from Rwanda prayed. Overnight the government made the small change to allow paperwork from any Rwandan embassy. This was our chance. I believe God heard the prayers and made a way for us to continue. Since it was the weekend, we had to wait and be totally dependent on God. We could only pray and wait to see what He would do. And boy did He take care of us!! Our paperwork was were it needed to be when this whole announcement came out but we could not know that until today. I will say, not having any control and having to wait, is not fun at all, but God knew what He was doing and I guess He didn't want us in the way.

Even though it worked out for us, there are still families trying to get there paperwork to the embassy. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THESE FAMILIES!! The week has started and they have to hit the ground running to get everything done in time. I know how they are feeling. I felt that way all weekend. I am happy for Paul and myself but at the same time I still feel anxious for these other families. They want their child as much as we want ours. I ask again, PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THESE FAMILIES!! God knows who they are and we have seen that He will answer prayers!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, Jennifer! I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all choked up when you called me today....I just felt such a huge wave of relief and gratitude wash over me when you told me the news. I have been so worried for you because I couldn't imagine what you would go through emotionally if this had fallen through. God is in control and this miracle proves it. Who needs three extra weeks when you have God on your side? Sometimes i think He just likes showing off a little to show us what HE is capable of doing!! I am so happy that everything worked out and I'm going to keep praying for those other families!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very, very happy for you. I am sure God knows exactly which baby needs the two of you, and no Rwanda gov't could keep that baby from you...Love you guys!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea!!!!!!!!!! Excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! All these wonderful stories of families who have made it through is awesome. I am so glad that so many children will be coming home sooner rather than later to their families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoooHooooo! This was the news that I was hoping for! God is so Good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!! Praise God!!! What awesome news!!! We will keep praying for the other families too!!! Our God is truly a God of miracles!!!

    ReplyDelete