Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Whatcha readin'?

Here is my first attempt to liven up this blog.  I love to read.  I always have severals books going at once.  So, I figured on this cold, rainy Wednesday, a day perfect for reading, I'd let you in on what I'm reading.  Call it a "Whatcha Readin' Wednesday".  Of course this won't happen every Wednesday, I'm not that fast a reader.

None of these books actually go together either so you will get a glimpse at how random and weird I am.

First, my actual book.  I have a Nook (and I love it) but the book I'm reading is an actual book not an eletronic one.  Found this at a used book store for cheaper than I could get it on my Nook.
I have found that I love history and I love biographies!  John Adams is very interesting and even though I'm just halfway through this, I love talking about it.  So, warning, don't get me started or I might just talk your ear off.


Some nights I have a hard time getting my brain to stop working, so I keep a good audiobook on my ipod.  I like to be read to sleep at night, I guess.  Also, I'm not a huge music person so a good audiobook in the car makes me happy.  This is what I am listening to right now.
Its the 4th and last in a series of sci-fi, military fiction.  If the print is too small for you to see, the authors are David Weber and John Ringo.  This is probably the 3rd time I have listened to this series.


 
Now I think everyone, except for my mom, reads while in the bathroom.  :)  This is what is in mine right now.
Martha Stewart!  I flip through this magazine and look at all the crafty decor I either can't figure out how to make work in my house or that I can't afford to put in my house.



 
And just to make sure I'm well rounded, I'm working on these bible studies.
The beth Moore study, To Live Is Christ, I did a few months ago with my mom's church.  I didn't do my homework (shame on me), so now I'm going back and trying to finish it.  Its all about Paul and very good.

Living Your  Life as a Beautiful Offering is based on the sermon on the mount and is the current study I'm doing with a group of ladies at my church.  We are just at the beginning of this one but it has been very good so far.

This is what my dog does while I'm reading.
While I've got my feet propped up in the recliner, he uses my legs as his bed. :)

 

Just a couple more, stick with me...

This is the magazine that looks up at me while I'm propped up in the recliner, most of the time eating.
It sits under my coffee table.  Look at her just laughing at me and mocking me.



One more...oh how I love my backyard in the fall...

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!


P.S. If you are curious, I don't buy alot of magazines.  I got the magazines I posted for free by filling out some online surveys I found through Hip2Save.com.






1 comment:

  1. You have such a huge mix of things you like reading! So now we know what you like to read during the day, listen to at night, read while you poop, read while you pray/worship and glare at while you are lazy! This is awesome information sister!!!!! You should definitely turn that booty cannon of Zedd's the other direction....

    ReplyDelete