Friday, August 27, 2010

Bad News

Well, apparently earlier today Rwanda made the announcement that they are suspending all international adoptions as of August 31, 2010. Here is why... http://www.migeprof.gov.rw/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=183&Itemid=131

Our dossier has no chance of making it to Rwanda by the 31st. NONE

I want to be the person that can say, "God is in control. I'm not going to worry." I want to be the person who can praise and worship after hearing this news. But I'm not. I want to be that person, I really do, but I'm the person screaming, "God this hurts!! God, why?!?!?" I'm beaten down, heartbroken, and crying.

I had never seen a picture of our daughter but I knew she was there. I had never seen her smile but I knew she had one. Nights upon nights I would dream about her. We had talked of the trips we would go on and the things we would see. Right now, in this moment, I feel like all of this has been stripped away. I thought this roller coaster ride was over. I knew that there might be delays but never did I think the program would be stopped. I have been thrown right back into that pit I was in when we were struggling with infertility.

We knew God was leading us to Rwanda, we just knew it. I have to believe that there is still hope. I know this was not a surprise to God. I know that He works all things to the good of those who love Him. I know there is a big picture but this still hurts. It hurts bad!!

No one really has any definite information on what is going on in Rwanda. We should know more on the 31st. PLEASE PRAY!! I don't know that I can right now so you guys will have to pray for me.

10 comments:

  1. Praying! So, so sorry! When I heard the news I immediately thought of you guys. I'm so sorry and pray the Lord's comfort and peace over you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am so sorry to hear this. I got an email that Paul sent, and I just cried. Then I came here an read what you had written. My heart just breaks for you. I will have in both in my thoughts and prayers. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. Can't imagine how much this hurts. But God is good. Always. Cling to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i'm so sorry...how awful and heart breaking for you guys...i'm praying, kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying - we are so sorry. praying for peace and wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you during this difficult, difficult time. Praying that our God - the God of miracles will open the doors back up quickly so you can be united with your precious daughter.

    Psalm 147:3-4

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came to your blog through another AGCI friend. I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and for God to unite you with your child soon! You will be a mom...and He knows your perfect time for you to become one (although at times like these it seems like it will never happen). Don't give up! You made it through all of the tough infertility "stuff" you CAN make it through this and get to that baby that is waiting for you! Much love!!!! Traci
    www.alreadyloveyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know we've already talked about this a bit last night, but i just want you to know that I love you and Paul and although there aren't words for me to say that can help you cope with this, I'm here for you in any way you need. I'll listen, I'll scream with you, I'll hold a punching bag while you go bananas on it if it will help you. I don't pretend to understand why this has happened, but I can try to help you get through it. You have every right to be upset and mad and hurt and depressed. Don't deprive yourself of your grieving because that part is normal and you're entitled to it. Period. Love you girl.

    Shae Shae

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your AGCI family is praying for you!! ALL of our hearts sink when we read this kind of news...it's just not fair. Peace God, Peace. We are united with you in your adoption hearts and your call to the orphan, we will continue to pray for God's intervention on that behalf. Love from your AGCI Ethiopian friends the SMiths

    ReplyDelete