Monday, August 16, 2010

How a week can change things...

This post won't be uplifting or talk about anything wonderful that has happened in the last week. Just FYI.

There seems to be a cloud that has settled over our house. Stress levels have risen and we always seem to be tired. We have done so much over the last few weeks, I feel like we haven't even been home. *sigh*

We got a call and our marriage and birth certificates weren't certified properly so we are going to have to make another trip to Nashville. Our AC has went out in our house and it is 100 degrees outside. I threw a party this past weekend, and fun as it was, it was stressful to get the house ready for people to come over. On top of the cleaning, we took on the project of putting shelves up in my pantry. That took Paul and my dad about 3 to 4 hours to finish and I was cleaning up around them the whole time.

I know this doesn't sound like much and it sounds like I'm just whining but its the little things that can drag you down. It just seems like there is always something. I guess that is normal. There is probably no reason for me to complain. I just feel like there is a cloud over both our heads and we can't see past it.

The sermon at church yesterday was about faith. How even though we can't see the big picture, God knows what is happening and why it is happening. I feel like I can say, "yeah, I know that" but acting on that knowledge is hard sometimes. I need stronger faith. I can say to myself "oh, I won't worry about this" or "I can wait on God's timing for this" and then in 5 minutes I can find myself worrying or finding ways to make things happen faster and not even realizing I'm doing it. I don't know how to make my faith stronger or even if I can do it myself. Maybe God needs to tweak me more. Whatever it is, I can tell you we are in a faith low point right now.

Maybe in a week things will start looking better.

1 comment:

  1. keep your chin up darlin. It's just the devil working on you... don't let him. You guys are going to get thru this funk....I promise. love ya.

    ReplyDelete